Holiday Gift Guide: For Your Loved Ones



Buying gifts for your loved ones can be a real challenge year after year, especially as we all grow older. It's easy to become complacent and buy the same ole thing you did last year for the simple fact that it's full proof. I hope I can help you today with some fresh new ideas. 

My mom is a pretty easy person to shop for. She loves sentimental, corny, self care, and kitchen gadget gifts. Pretty much anything you can really think of she'd probably be happy to receive. One of her tried and true gifts is shampoo and conditioner. Now we aren't buying her like Suave or Dove (lol) but instead we get her favorite Biolage Matrix Colorlast. This hair duo cost $38.00, unless you can find a deal, for the 13.5 ounce bottles. I can personally attest that this brand is awesome. I have been using the same duo along with the shine spray recently and the results are simply amazing. 
Some other great gift ideas for moms (like mine) are kitchen gadgets. There is always a new kitchen gadget release around this time of year that every kitchen savvy individual wants. This year though my mother has yet to give me her Christmas wishlist so I cannot tell you what she is seeking after. But I can tell you one thing I received last year that I absolutely love. It is the Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System. Wow. Just wow. This device can make coffee and tea five different ways plus it has a frothier. It is a rather expensive present but if you love coffee, I would highly suggest giving this a chance. To compliment your new coffee maker I would suggest clear glass coffee mugs. They look so elegant and sophisticated. The ones I have been eyeballing are on Amazon. A set of two retails for $25.00 and they are by the brand Epare. I think these would make a great addition to any mug collection.

($58 Value) Matrix Biolage Colorlast Shampoo and Conditioner Liter Duo, 33.8 Oz Each, WhiteEparé Coffee Mugs - Clear Glass Double Wall Cup Set - Insulated Glassware - Best Large Coffee Espresso Latte Tea Glasses

If you  got a dad like mine, you may find yourself scratching your head every year when the holiday season roles around about what to gift him. My dad lives by the motto that "The best gifts start with A and ends in mazon" in which he is referring to amazon gift cards. But sometimes, just sometimes you can pick just the right thing out for him that he may actually love. 
One tried and true for my dad is hoodies. He is a big fan of Under Armour and so through the years he will receive his new hoodie to wear for a couple of years and then it will be replaced every so often. These retail for around $50.00. 
He might just hate that I am sharing this next one but I really deserve a pat on the back for this next item discovery. Here's a little back story if you will. My husband and I were walking around Bass Pro Shop exploring and checking out all the departments. We were planing for a float trip and needed some things that they carried. We stumbled into the shoe department to find THE most glorious pair of shoes for Justin to wear at the river. Low and behold, they were a pair of glorified Crocs. Fast forward to Father's Day, I jokingly told my dad I was getting him a pair. Then the rest was history. He wears them at home because he said that they have good foot support. I think he personally just enjoys rockin while croc'in. This pair is by the brand Merrell and it is the Hydro Moc water shoe. They retail for $50.00 on Bass Pro website or on Merrell. I can promise you they are worth it because not only does my dad wear them but so does my husband. That is when you truly know something is good because neither of them would be caught looking funny without actually knowing it. They choose to rock these crocs (this phrase is something my whole group of married friends joke about.)
The next item I would suggest for a dad would be a cordless portable battery bank with a flashlight. The one my dad has is by the brand ORYTO. He uses his for when he is out hunting and fishing. It retails for $47.00 on Amazon but it is so useful if you have an outdoorsy man to shop for. This device is really handy and very impressive for its size. I highly recommend this gadget just based on the simple fact that my dad enjoys using it.


Image result for merrell hydro mocSolar Charger 26800mAh, ORYTO Qi Wireless Portable Solar Power Bank External Backup Battery, 3 Outputs-5V/3.1A & 2 Inputs Huge Capacity Phone Charger for Smartphones, 18LED Flashlights for Outdoor

Next in line for Christmas present shopping is my sister. You would think shopping for someone whom you are close with would be easy but this girl is pretty picky. This season she is requesting make up palettes from Jeffree Star. She specifically wants the Conspiracy palette that is sold out. I unfortunately was unable to get my hands on it during its launch. I heard that they will be restocking in sometime in April or May of next year.
The next item she has mentioned wanting this year is Nike leggings or a new hoodie. A great pair of Nike leggings that I currently own that I would also recommend are the Nike Women's Fast Running Tights. They fit TTS and retail for $45.00 at Dick's Sporting Goods. They have a retro feel because they are made like the shiny spandex from the 80s. They are also high waisted which I personally enjoy. As far as Nike hoodies I would probably purchase her the Nike Womens Sportswear Essential Cropped Hoodie. She loves cropped items and this hoodie has a super cute look that could be worn with jeans or leggings. It retails for $44.99 at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Nike Women's Fast Running Tights 1Nike Women's Sportswear Essential Cropped Hoodie 1

Last but not least, ideas for my husband. Every year I ask him what he would like and every year I do not  get a solid answer. He really makes me try and think up ideas.
One of his gifts that he is actually receiving this year from me is this AE Lined Workwear Jacket from American Eagle. This jacket has a really stylish look and is functional for everyday wear as well. He loves that it has a pocket on the inside of the jacket and that the hood is detachable. It retails for $99.00 but AE is currently running a sale 40% sale for Black Friday. Snag this jacket while you can. It is totally worth it.
The next idea he really liked is this Holiday Cologne Sampler from Sephora. He enjoys trying new cologne every so often and loved that this gift set includes a voucher to return to Sephora and get a full size of the cologne he liked best for free. This gift set retails for $65.00.
The last gift idea for my husband is sunglasses. He has a couple pairs of Oakley brand sunglasses and loves those. His favorite are the Flak 2.0s. He has a pair that he has had now for a few years. He prefers the all black look. He wears them everyday and gets so much use from them. Honestly, he can't go anywhere without them even on rainy days. Oakley is an awesome reliable brand. Most of the pieces on the sunglasses can be replaced individually which is really cool as well. 

AE Lined Workwear JacketImage result for oakley flak 2.0

I hope I was able to provide you some sort of ideas for your loved ones. I really enjoy the gift giving season. If you have any great ideas please feel free to share below and let me know your go to gifts for your loved ones.




Items Discussed Above:












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurse Life: How to Prepare for a 12+ Hour Shift

You Can Be Both, Fashionable and Functional: Nursing School Supplies

First Year as a Nurse